Sunday, December 10, 2006

Yesterday I went, with my Dad, to the Wales Millennium Centre. We didn’t see Captain Jack or Gwen (who’s turning into a right slag, by the way) but we did go the Craft Fair that was being held there in the Foyer. Very good it was too.

In particular, I met Maria Hayes - a Visual Artist based in Blaenau Ffestiniog. Looking through her portfolio, she’s doing some pretty cool stuff so I thought I’d give her a ‘big up’ here on my blog. View her work at http://www.mariahayes.info/

She’s recently done some collaboration with Diversions Dance Company (also based at WMC – http://www.diversionsdance.co.uk/). These are a couple of photos of her work …













(HOW COOL is that picture on the right???)

AND … I found out that there’s a monthly Arts and Crafts Fair at Newport Market. If I could get my act together … and get a crew together … I could do Brecon and Newport every month! There’s a special Christmas Fair there next weekend so I’ll go and check it out.

ALL OF THIS … has come about because I recently employed a VA (Virtual Assistant) to do some research for me. She’s produced a Visual Arts Report for events, openings, private views and sales across the arts and crafts scene in Wales. This will be regularly updated and expanded to give me opportunities for networking, promotion and sales (my job now is art production, marketing and sales – my third career so far!). So a ‘big up’ as well to Kathryn and her crew at http://www.completelyorganised.co.uk/!

Comments:
very cool photo =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?