Monday, January 22, 2007

Am I stupid? Or what?

NOTE TO SELF: Only get inspired to go out drawing and painting … IN THE SUMMER!

There’s snow on the Beacons. It was bitterly cold. The sky was gray and the light was flat. My camera would only work intermittently (do they feel the cold?) and I couldn’t draw properly with gloves on. In fact, the one drawing I did was so bad it made me despair. I slipped twice and fell over once. My red canvas shoes got all mucky (my walking boots were in the car – I’d thought about putting them on). And I broke a nail.

Please don’t tell me there are people worse off than me. I don’t want to know.

There are so many reasons why I shouldn’t be allowed out on my own.

But I did get ‘the lie of the land’ and shoot a roll of film. So that was nice.

As I was leaving, in the last gasp of the day, the sun suddenly broke through. Instantly, everything was bathed in a warm light. The sky was blue, the clouds were yellow, and the bracken on the hillside shone copper and golden. Forget film, pencils, crayons and paint. It was just a moment to watch the earth do its stuff. The icy wind blew hard in my face, my hair, my eyes, my ears. But I swear I heard the mountains sigh as they basked for a moment in the evening sun, after a long, hard day.

(I’ve been listening for the Voice lately. In that moment, at the side of the road, I could almost have heard it. But I’m not thin enough. I’m carrying too much weight. Still got a lot to get rid of.)

On the way home, I got lost. Actually, this is not unusual so I was OK with it. I start off being a bit lost and then get totally lost. It’s because I follow someone who looks like they know where they’re going. And they do. Not usually to my house though. Forty minutes to get there … an hour and a half to get home.

It’s been a good day. Really. I’m going to do it again tomorrow … only better, hopefully.(Yeah, right).

Comments:
I like this project idea. A lot. I hope you have a REALLY good week. Whatever happens, it will definitely be PRODUCTIVE...I'll keep checking in x
 
I think perhaps that you shouldn't be allowed out on your own!!

Shame about your nail too. I hope that your nail technician can fix it for you. ;-)

Sounds like you had fun though.
x
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?