Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I’m Glad It’s Not Just Me

My daughter Jo came here for a few days last week and we had fuuuuuuuuun!!!

We went to Garwnant to take more pictures and do more drawings. Jo needs source material for her new print projects in college. I just tend to snap reference shots, but Jo has a much better eye and gets in closer for the composition and the light against dark etc.

I thought it was going very well. I hadn’t done anything stupid for days. And I didn’t that day either. Well done me.

But Jo did.

I only turned my back for 2 minutes. When I turned back she was definitely looking sheepish. And wet. All down one side.

She’d fallen in the river. Somehow, it was bound to happen. She saved her camera but nearly lost her wedding ring that slipped off when she fell. It landed on a stone and she managed to grab it before it was swept away.

She was soaked. Through all 5 layers that she had on to combat the cold.

I was sympathetic. I may have used the phrase “daft woman” though. She wasn’t allowed back in the car because she would get the seat wet. In the end I relented when she put a plastic bag over the seat.


At least now I know where I get it from.

Comments:
Ah, thanks for what you said about my eye (unless that was just to set up the rest of the anecdote!)

We did have fun, didn't we?!
 
The 'she wasn’t allowed back in the car because she would get the seat wet' was such a man thing to say and do! Poor poor Jo.

Glad to hear that you've been stupid free for a few days. See what happens when you have a woman near to you!
 
Jo - sooooooooooo much fun! You make me smile. X

Caroline - what can I say? It's sad but true!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?