Saturday, March 24, 2007

I've got piles ...



I'm so happy when I've got piles





of books and magazines to read. Lately, I've been stocking up ... in Borders and at Amazon. I just love sitting up in bed reading. Then I start writing. Then I start cutting and sticking. That's when it REALLY gets fun! That's how I spend the first hour of each day ... it helps to get me inspired and motivated.

So, the magazines I've currently got on the go include:

Another Magazine, Pop, Vogue, In Style, W, V, 10, Wonderland and Psychologies.

The books I'm currently reading include:

Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg
The second Belle de Jour book
Anonymous Lawyer by ... errr ... Anonymous
Getting Business To Come To You by Mark and Sarah Edwards
The Tom Peters Seminar by ... go on, guess
Fashion Design (can't remember who by and can't be bothered to go and look)
Left Bank by Kate Muir.

So what are you reading?



Comments:
I am reading 2 very different books.
The Bloody Chamber - Angela Carter.
And a chiclit Getting rid of Matthew - Jane Fallon (I think)
They are both fab.
Magazine wise - Cosmo.

I now wish that I was reading a great literary classic ... but no.
 
literary classic ... like the da vinci code? (knew that would get you going lol).
 
Yes Peter ... exactly like the DVC ... exactly!!!!! ;-(
 
Hey i've read 'writing down the bones' Zen writing - I got a very sixties hippy vibe from it. I'm currently reading Paul - Fresh Perspectivs by N T Wright, Watchmen by Alan Moore and Various comic books!
 
Hi Hoylus! The Bones book is a bit isnt it? Maybe that's why I'm enjoying it. I think I'm about ready to take you and Jen up on that supper offer LOL so any time ...
 
Dad, that Fashion Design book is by Sue Jenkin Jones and it's GREAT! Hey, wait a minute - it's on my Amazon wishlist - how come you've got it?!

I'm reading Vogue, my new Elle Decoration and NO BOOKS at the moment because I don't know how to choose books to read...

also I've been busy with my sketchbooks :)
 
Great mate. I'll speak to the mrs. I guess I might get my Spaced dvd's back then?!
 
Jo: it's a great book ... a bit too technical for me though! I didn't know it was on your wishlist! You can have mine if you like! lol BTW (by the way) you should post pages from your sketch books, cos they're FAB.

Hoylus: I'll do my best to remember!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?