Saturday, March 03, 2007

Panic Stations

I've been busy ... and not blogging.

I'm helping with an office refurbishment project in London and travelling around a bit. And tired in between.

But now I'm in a panic.

I have entered an art competition. I got my registration documents through today. The picture is due to be handed in on 14th March. I woke up this morning and realised it was already 3rd March. I thought I had weeks ... but I don't.

The picture (based on my drawings and photos from Garwnant) is not finished. Not nearly. And it has to be framed. And labelled and packaged.

So I'm working this weekend. If I get it finished by Tuesday I may be able to get it framed within a week. If I beg. Or pay extra.

But there's only so much I can do in a day. Drying time takes too long. Imight use a hair dryer as Jo suggested.

I have to get over this "arty" thing of waiting for inspiration and motivation and just get on with the job.

It seems writers set themselves goals of so many words per day or week or whatever. I've broken the picture down in to sections and tasks. I'm going to do it like doing the laundry. But I'm not much good at that either. Or fixing toilets (still leaking by the way).

It's at this stage I usually cop out. But I musn't. I want to be selected. I want my work to be shown. I want to sell it. I want to win.

Bah!

Comments:
All the best with it Pete - live the dream!
 
go for it pops! you´ve got my vote ;-)
 
Ah! Today's the day! Will it be finished?

Well, I think it's important to at least hand something in - it will be quite an achievement.
 
Is it finished?

What's the art competition?

When will you fix the leak?

Gosh so many questions!!!!!
 
so.....?
 
LOL ... thanks everybody!!! I finished the picture last night and took it to be framed today. I have to hand it in between 9.30 and 4.00pm next Wednesday and the framing will be finished by lunchtime on that day. Is that close, or what? I'll know by the end of the month whether or not the picture is selected for display and judging. The competition is Wales Artist of the Year 2007.

So there we go.
 
Fantastic.
Go boy-o.
Can you take someone with you to pick up the framed picture? Please.
Jo? she seems rather nice ...
x
 
Very kind and thoughtful advice Caroline. And yes ... Jo is lovely ... she's my daughter (did you know that?).
 
No - I didn't realise. I thought Claire was! Of course you are allowed more than one daughter ;-)

Sorry. I'm not very bright.
 
Woah! I just suddenly looked here and saw 9 comments - way to go Dad! I thought I would make it 10...

Well done for finishing the picture. You're already my Welsh Artist of the Year 2007 ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?