Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I don't want to be a shopkeeper

One of the main drawbacks of a shop is the commitment and cost it requires. I would need a till, a credit card machine, book-keeping, stock control ... and I don't want to get back into that.

I want to produce 'products' and source products from other artists, designers and makers. Then I'll do the marketing (because that's what I'm trained in).

I don't mind having a market stall because its 'as and when', but not every day.

I also have ideas about how I want it to look ... eclectic, interesting, changing, versatile.

At the moment I'm not producing much because my focus is on developing distribution and sales, and getting rid of some of what I've already got stacked up here. I have got some new works in the pipeline, though, and I sold 2 pictures last month.

So it's all good but I need to keep up the momentum.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?