Saturday, August 25, 2007

Book, Blog and Business Card

I've been getting the basic 'infrastructure' in place to support me in this new 'career' I've embarked upon.

So.

I've put most of my work over the last year into an A4 size, spiral-bound portfolio (my look-book).

I've revamped my blog layout so it's now easier to see my work and to find out more about me.

See? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And I've dug out my business cards that I had printed some time ago so I can start giving them out to everyone I meet! (you can get free business cards at www.vistaprint.co.uk).

I'm 56 days into a 100 day plan. Except there is no plan. It's more a learning as I go kind of thing, but knowing where I want to get to and when. If there was a schedule I'd be behind it, and I'll probably be late arriving at my destination (which is, a business that works for me) but at least I've got momentum and I'm having fun.

Next thing is to get a tidy PC so I can work better ... this one is so incredibly slow that it's put me off blogging, surfing, chatting. I want to get back on track ... I miss my on-line friends!

Have a browse around this blog and if you spot anything that's crap or doesn't work, or you've got suggestions for improvements, then please let me know.

Comments:
loving the new blog - much better now that more of your work is on show - also the explanations of the different series..es? that you´re working on make it all make more sense...
i like it a lot!

xx
 
Hey Claire! Thanks for the encouragement babe! I've got more ideas to make it work better so keep on checking in! Hope ur doing OK ... MISS U LOADS!
 
Ah, this is good. Too good.

The other day we were out with a guy who did graphics at uni and he had recently quit his job to put together a show reel to send out - very cool, and very much like what you're doing. Therefore, you must be very cool.

Great blog!
 
Very cool? Oh how I wish! lol
 
This is much much better.
Welcome back!
Does this mean that you're back?
x
 
Pete - this is good as its easy to look at your work - the mission bell pictures don't come out on mine they're just a box with a cross in the middle - its probably to do with my PC. But the others are all there.
I counted up to 100 days and I make it about October 8th - intrigued to see more results of your plan - keep going
Maddy
 
yeah i couldn´t see the mission bell pictures either - maybe check if the format on them is different or something...i know nothing about these things, so i might be making that up, but if you know more check it out!
MISS YOU TOO!!! i got your postcard - thanks! xD
xx
 
Hey Caroline! Thanks for dropping in and not giving up on me! yeah I'm kinda back ... lol I've ordered your book too ... very exciting!

Maddy & Claire, thanks for the feedback about the Mission Bell pictures ... I'll take a look (cos that'll help!).

I'm going to regret mentioning this plan, aren't I??????
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?