Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

The first month of the Celtic year is “seed fall” – which I find inspiring. What’s been has been and now it is time to sow seeds for the future … to “sow where you want to go”.

In that spirit, I’m planning over the next few weeks to sow some seeds. To begin with, I’ve produced a new promotional pack about my work as a visual artist. The idea is to give it and send it to as many people, galleries and organisations as I can. It contains photos of pieces that represent the different aspects of my portfolio as well as a bit about me.

If you would like a copy, to see what I’m up to, then email me your address (if I don’t have it already … obviously) and I will send one to you (overseas included).

My main aims now are to develop some strategic connections that will help with the ‘business’ side of what I do (promotion, logistics etc) as well as some financial resources to enable me to develop my work further.

I feel that I’ve come a long way and I have a portfolio of work that I’m happy with. But now I’m looking out for connections that will lead to conversations that will lead to collaborations. I want to increasingly develop my artistic vision and output but not be restricted by what I can manage alone. For this I need ‘partnerships’ of an informal kind, but effective and productive nevertheless.

He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.”


2Corinthians 9:6
New King James Version © 1982 Thomas Nelson

Comments:
Yes! I want! I will email you my address right now.
 
Oh, and Happy New Year!
 
Thank you, Angela!!!
 
Seed fall -- I love that whole concept, too. (And it's a great name for a painting.)

I'm dying to see how you put togetehr your promo package so will email you my address, too. That's very kind of you!
 
It's a great expression, isn't it Andrea? Will send you a pack.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?