Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Looking at art

Went to two good shows at the weekend.

The first was a new gallery opening in PONTYCLUN (where I grew up … a one-horse town … where they still have horses lol).

It’s a house that has been converted into a gallery. It has gifts and crafts on the ground floor and an exhibition space upstairs. It’s very well done and I hope they are successful. It’s not positioned where they’ll get a lot of passing trade, so you HAVE to go and visit if you’re in the area.


Funnily enough, I’d recently been thinking I’d like to exhibit in the area I grew up in (and still visit a lot) but there was nowhere suitable. So now … who knows?

Secondly, I went to the opening of the Winter Exhibition at St. David’s Hall in Cardiff. It was a bit too much to take in on one visit so I’ll go back and mooch around when it’s a bit quieter. A few very nice pieces there though.

All good for arts in Wales.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?