Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Should Have Worn Me Wellies

Today, at Blackweir, the River Taff had burst its banks. The water was up over the path and flowing into the fields. It formed a barrier to my normal route whilst it carved out a new channel for itself.

The rain is still falling and shows no signs of letting up. So the water level continues to rise and a new sense of power and purpose comes to a usually placid river.

Now there’s flowing and flooding. The edges are blurred between land and water.

There’s still a fury in the water where it is constrained, followed by a flow of energy and purpose when it finds its way out. Then comes the calm as it spreads and settles into its new environment.

I, along with another couple, went as far as I could – took some photos - and then turned back. Another man was better prepared – he had his wellies on as he walked his dog through the water. But the man who amused and impressed me most, took off his shoes and socks and strung them round his neck. Then he rolled up his jeans and happily waded through to where he was going.

Comments:
it´s not like you didn´t see it coming... (see previous post)
you daft bat.
 
Can you do some pictures of deserts? -- maybe soak up some of the water!! lol Keep paddling
 
Can you do some pictures of deserts? -- maybe soak up some of the water!! lol Keep paddling
 
ooops hit button twice!! Senior moment!!
 
LMAO Claire! I really didn't!!!

Monica ... I thought my blog was suddenly vey popular ... but noooo!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?