Monday, September 01, 2008

Thought you might be interested ...

I'm developing a new series of paintings called "Contour", which will be based on locations in Mid Wales.

Part of my current research has brought me, again, to the work of Mary Lloyd Jones. I own a print of hers and a few months ago I went to an exhibition of her work at Martin Tinney Gallery in Cardiff. It was ... well, overwhelming, actually.

Anyway, I think some of you might love her work so take a look ...

http://www.marylloydjones.co.uk/

Comments:
Her work is great! Love the primal elements in 'Swyn'. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your new work, Peter.
 
I thought you might like her work, Andrea! In some she uses cave painting images as well. But, in my opinion, a tendency to be a bit dark ... which is a Welsh trait ... the tendency to be melancholic! (I'll probably get into trouble for saying that).
 
Thank you for sharing that, Peter. I really like her work.

Can't wait to see what you're working on.
 
Good innit Angela?! AND she's WELSH!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?