Friday, October 17, 2008

New Work

Over the last three weeks I’ve been working fairly consistently on some new pieces of art.



I’ve done a few more 6 x 4 inch paintings – which I’m still enjoying. But I’ve also done a couple of pictures in a similar style but in a larger format. Previously, when I tried to do this intentionally, I was not happy with the result. But these two have developed organically and I’m more pleased with how they’ve turned out. The green one is 8 x 9 inches and the brown one is 7 x 8 inches.





But the best result has actually come from those larger pictures I did previously. I left them lying around for a while and a few weekends ago – while I was just sitting looking at them – I saw parts of them that were not too bad. I got out my Stanley knife and my saw and cut out the better bits. Then I started working into one of them and adding extra bits to it (it's now 18 x 6 ins). This was a slow and challenging process as I had no fixed idea at the outset how I wanted it to look. I was working with it as I went along … trying things; changing things. Overall, it took 3 weeks … which is along time for me! But, in my opinion, it’s the best thing I’ve done in over a year.



I’m carrying on doing 6 x 4s and I’ll do some more in a larger format. But I’ve also got a bit of the other large picture that I cut up, so I’ll see how that goes.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?