Friday, October 10, 2008

So that didn't work ...



Went out today to take some photos and do some drawings. It was sunny but sooooo cold.


My photos were rubbish (see above) (my hands were shaking with the cold so lots of camera shake).


My drawings were crap (I couldn't do enough to get into any kind of 'flow'). (Or I'm just crap at drawing).


I'm exploring new areas of Wales. Well, they're new to me ... I expect they've been there for quite a while.

I wanted to collect some nice big pieces of slate. I was headed for Blaenau Ffestiniog. But somewhere along the way I lost the will to go on (going through Mid Wales did me in, as it often does). So I turned around and came back. Empty handed.

I picked up a few sticks and stones. But, to be honest, I could have just gone outside the door to do that.

So it seems I can't just make it happen. I can't just pop out for a few hours, gather some bits of 'land' and come back and make a picture. There has to be a connection, a moment, a ... err ... something or other. I don't even know what it is.

Am I being all arty farty?

Comments:
arty farty and fatalistic.....you retreated from the cold fgs...stop making more of it than there is and take a flask next time! oh and dont forget the warm fluffy socks too.
 
Where's the drama in saying "my day didn't go quite as well as I would have liked"? Where's the angst? But you're right, a flask and some warm socks would have certainly helped the creative process.
 
No! You're just being right! Some days you've got it, some days you don't.
 
It's when you start veering towards talking 'art bollocks' that you have to start worrying, and fortunately (so far) you manage to keep it all this side of human. Next time take Space Socks and a monopod!
 
It's the muse, innit Jo ... she's a free spirit and beholden to no-one.

Anon ... what the hell is a monopod?
 
A lightweight easily transportable single leg telescopic camera support to minimise camera shake.
When you think about it, in conmbination with your own legs you and it become a kind of tripod, unless you're Jake the Peg, when you'd be a quadrapod! Well anyway, I think you probably dig what I'm trying to say.
 
Anon ... NOW I understand! Must get me one of those babies.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?