Sunday, February 22, 2009

We had a big 'do' last night on the occasion of my youngest daughter's betrothal. Her new family from Brazil were there as well as other friends and family from Brazil, Venezuela and the UK. Old relationships and new.

It was fab.

Someone who was there emailed me today and said:

"It must have been strange to have layers of people from different stages of life- a bit like human archaeology!!"

That's exactly what it was like.

I look back on the things I have done and been involved in with some satisfaction and some regret. I don't know what to make of a lot of it.

And I look ahead at what I'm trying to do and be involved in with some excitement and some anxiety.

But when I looked around the room last night at all the people there, and as I thought about some of my more recent friends who weren't there, I realised that this is what it's all about.

Comments:
Congratulations to one and all. Love the reflections... we only got to where we got to by the journey we came on (is that profound or what??). Here we are... and the moments of: 'I realised that this is what it's all about', make such a difference.
 
Thanks, Martin. It's good to know that friendships (like yours) are the only real constants.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?