Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Do Not Go Gentle ...

I've been doing some work in graveyards ... sketching, taking photos and doing rubbings of headstones. I've photocopied the Funeral Service at the library.

It's been triggered by the death of a close friend at the end of last year.

This morning I put in my bag a copy of Dylan Thomas's collected poems so I could photocopy his poem "Do not go gentle into that good night; rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Then I got a phone call from my son saying that his best friend had been found dead that morning aged only 30. It is the second death in only a few years among his close group of friends.

This is no longer an art project ... this is a search for some meaning in the midst of "shit happens".

Comments:
I pray you find new growth in this painful time.

In my mind's eye I can see a black dreary monochrome picture with a red rose valiantly poking through. May you have some valiantly roses Peter
 
Thank you Joanna x
 
Your welcome! Would have sounded even better if I had proof read it properly beforehand :o).

Hope your doing well. That Viewing in Cardiff sounds good, like art for the soul.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?