Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spoiled Rotten


I haven't been able to get to the London Studio for a few weeks (cash-flow problems) and I've realised how spoiled I am by having a dedicated space to work in.

I've moved all my art and materials there which means that when I'm in Wales I don't have any resources to work with. That's a bit "doh" but I wanted to focus my activities.

I have a lot of work to complete when I next get there, but in the meantime I've been out and about drawing, taking photos and planning some new work. I also produced some small "artefacts" related to the Easter story.

Today I went to a local churchyard to take rubbings of headstones. It was a pretty intense experience both physically and emotionally ... but more about that another time. It's about rememberance and commemoration.

So next week I hope to get back to London to wrap up the current work and begin making some new pictures.

I'll keep you posted.

Comments:
Very jealous of your work space. Seems such a long time since I had a whole room to myself for all my art work and bits and pieces. One day I would like to build a studio, one day, maybe!!!!
 
yeah Joanna it helps a lot.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?