Monday, April 26, 2010

Wildfires

The kids are burning Maerdy Mountain.

According to a Times article in the Summer of last year, South Wales is now known as "the wildfire capital of the UK".

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/the_way_we_live/article6619231.ece

Some of the fires are set by kids on scrambler bikes trailing burning ropes behind them.

Up until a few years ago, I did training sessions with young people on a year-long course called "DNA". The sessions I ran included a day on Vision, and another half-day on Time Management (to fulfil the vision).

I also worked with the Prince's Trust as a Business Mentor to young entrepreneurs.

I think young people should light fires.

I think they should find their passion, their vision, their reason for being here, and go out and blaze a trail with it.

I think there should be so many of them that the "fire-fighters" can't contain and control them.

I think they should set fire to the earth.

My days of envisioning and equipping young people are over. It's a different time now and I'm a different me.

But there's still work to be done for Jaded Youth.

Comments:
I still think about Jaded Youth every now and then... haven't given up on it yet - neither have you! Maybe your mentoring has just taken on a more "organic" form...
 
maybe, Claire ... who knows eh? You and Neto have a LOT to pass on so don't give up on the idea.
 
So you wouldn't advocate cutting off their goolies?
 
Anonymous ... only if it was in my back yard!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?